WELCOME TO THRIFTONISTA!

Thriftonista (TM- trademark) is a term I coined to describe a girl who recognizes that being fashionable is not about how much money you spend but about spending your money on clothes that allow you to express your own unique sense of style while looking great, feeling fabulous and still being able to pay those bills!
If you have any questions or comments, you can contact me at thriftonista@gmail.com or leave a comment right here.
Thank you!
xoxo,
TaRosa Jacobs
The Thriftonista



Thursday, January 1, 2009

Out With the Old, In with the New...





Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe that it is already 2009. Having both a new baby and a new business in 2008 really seems to have made that year just fly by. Much of it is a blur, but it certainly was fabulous. I never could have imagined that it would be as interesting and, at times, exciting as it turned out to be. Styling fashion shows and photo shoots, shooting a reality television show (and realizing that I have absolutely no interest in having cameras follow me around all the time and deciding to let that little venture fall along the wayside), winning a Best of Denver award for Best Online Thrifting, learning about how to run a business WHILE running a business, writing for Denver's local independent paper, the Westword and, all the while, watching a drop dead gorgeous and brilliant child learn to walk, run, sign, and form simple words, all with a smile on her face and an unending light in her eyes.
Ah, 2008. Goodbye, old buddy. You were quite a year. What will 2009 bring? Who can say? I'm totally excited and ready to embrace the new. While 2008 was amazing, and I will always look back on it with fondness, I'm not sad to see it go. I am too excited about my future.
No offense, 2008. It's not you, it's me.

No comments: